Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pensrock Pensrock is offline

Default best wood for smoking venison pepperoni?

I agree with Ed, pepperoni is a dry cured product not smoked. I do however
smoke pepperoni to enhance the flavor. Just remove the casing and cold
smoke for two to three hours using apple or hickory. You can try any fruit
wood you want. I mainly use apple.