D.Currie

Default Cactus fruit... no the other one

"Arturo" > wrote in message
> I was asked to see if I could find pitaya. Apparently a cactus fruit, but

not
> the more common tuna. I'm told it's 'hot pink' on the inside. Has anyone

had
> one or know what they look like? Do they have a specific season? tuna is
> supposedly most common in the fall
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Arturo

I just bought one recently. I remembered them from when I was a kid, and
never knew what they were called, just that we had them on occasion, and the
color was so striking. Sort of a dark magenta.

This is the one I'm talking about:
http://www.forestryimages.org/browse...imgnum=0019028

It didn't taste as good as I remembered, and avoiding the spines is no fun.
I doubt I go out of my way to buy one again.