Posted to rec.food.recipes
Angela Peck Angela Peck is offline

Default 'Cream' of Roasted Vegetable Soup

'Cream' of Roasted Vegetable Soup

Vegetables can vary but this is what I usually use:
1/2 head of broccoli -
1 head of cauliflower
1 very large daikon
20-30 brussel sprouts
2-3 bunches of asparagus
1/3 cup sesame oil
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup coconut oil
3-4 Tbsp of minced garlic

Lay out veggies in single layer on baking sheets. Drizzle on the oil trio
and garlic combination.
Bake for 30-45 minutes at 275.

While the vegetables are roasting, bring the following to a boil:
1/2 tetra-pak of chicken broth
1/2 tetra-pak of mushroom broth
1 tetra pak of beef stock
1 tetra pak of vegetable stock
2 vegetable bullion cubes
10-15 fresh sage leaves
2-3 Tbsp fresh thyme
2-3 Tbsp minced garlic

Add the vegetables to the broth/stock mixture when the vegetables are
finished roasting. Allow to simmer for about an hour.
Add to this:

1/2 stick/4 oz. butter
3-4 oz. of grated Asiago cheese (Parmesan or Romano-Pecorino work great as
well)

Add to blender and puree. Serve warm.

Should make about 4-5 very large bowls of soup. I usually re-heat a
portion over the stove every morning and fill a large thermos to eat
throughout the day.
Enjoy!

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: