Shelora

Default Salsa Macha

Had another version of Salsa Macha on the beach in Puerto Escondido.
This one was more like a chile oil, not unlike the ones served in
Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants. Basically, toasted and ground
chile de arbol and oil.
On this site last year we spoke about another Salsa Macha made with
chiles and ground peanuts that is found on the Veracruz coast.
Since the coast of Puerto has Chinese and African influences among the
Indian and Spanish, I came to a theory that this particular salsa in
the result of the Chinese influence. What do you think?
Does anyone else have a different recipe for Salsa Macha?
Can hardly wait.