Puester

Default Christmas breakfast...

Rich McCormack wrote:

> For the last 30 years, our family's traditional Christmas breakfast
> has centered around Huevos con Chorizo served with soft and crisp
> fried corn tortillas and flour tortillas heated on a comal to fold
> around either taco or burrito style. The side dishes (and even the
> chorizo itself) have varied over the years to avoid getting into
> a "traditional rut" but usually include beans and rice, potatoes or
> Sopa Seca de Fideo; chips 'n salsa and Mexican beer. Other things
> that often show up are Pico de Gallo of oranges and jicama, sliced
> avocado or guacamole, small sweet tamales and empanadas or whatever
> else seems like it might compliment the center piece...

> Lookin' forward to it...

Sounds wonderful, Rich. We spent the past three Christmases
in your back yard, Poway, at our daughter's house, where we
enjoyed breakfast burritos, assorted tamales,lots of side dishes,
and her grandfather's legacy, a Portuguese crusty bread (not sweet)
stuffed with ham and chourico before baking.

This year we're all back in Colorado, but we'll do
the same breakfast.

Feliz navidad, y'all

gloria p