Smac

Default Salbute?

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> One antojito is a "chalupa," .....................

Here's what I've gleaned from:
http://www.sailinglinks.com/mexican_recipes.htm

"The word antojito comes from the Spanish word antojo,
which means whim."
Antojito is not an entrée or a specific recipe but a (LARGE)
category of Mexican dishes (based on tortillas) encompassing:
Burritos, Chimichangas, Enchiladas, Entomatadas, Flautas,
Garnachas, Gorditas, Molotes, Panuchos, Papadzules,
Pellizcadas, Quesadillas,
Salbutes - "Tortilla masa, often with flour added, is formed
into a small, fairly thick tortilla, fried until
crisp and light, then topped with shredded meat
and vegetables. A specialty of the Yucatan",
Sopes, Tacos (of all sorts), Tamales, Taquitos, Tlacoyos and
Tortas compuestas.

Don't flame me; I am an aficionado but by no means an expert
of Mexican cuisine.
This is simply a capsule description of what a sailor(?) says.

Does this info (conjecture?) sound anywhere close to accurate?
Wondering, and even worse, quoting a dubious source ......
BabelFish says antojo means ill. Yheck!