Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default (2007-11-23) 200th survey on the RFC site: Excess baggage?

Puester said...

> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now (or not)
>>

> If an overweight person is large enough to occupy 1 1/2 seats, leaving
> me with the "leftover" half, I would be most irate. This has never
> happened to me but my husband, who flies often, has often had to "share"
> his seat with a biggie, sometimes one on either side.
>
> Flight attendants are usually sympathetic and will reseat him if (and
> that's an iffy "IF") there are any spare seats.
>
> I'd like to see all the large people seated together, forced to get
> three huge people into a normal sized row. After a few flights like
> that they might be more inclined to buy two seats or fly first class....
>
> gloria p

Has nobody notice that they've narrowed up the seats to fit more people?

The funniest time was when a heavy woman across my aisle complained about
the food service. She was very agitated.

I tapped her arm and looked her square in the eye and said "think of the
people in luggage!"

She broke out laughing and settled down.

Andy