Wayne Lundberg

Default Mexican Stir-Fry

"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message
> I often find myself with leftover meat from a previous meal that's

---- Mexican Stir-fry and other stuff cut for brevity---

I'm not nitpicking, nor complaining, nor being arrogant, nor negative....
but it seems to me that anybody can claim "Mexican" food if they simply add
a chile to whatever concoction they are making.

In the case of leftover beef... which is not used that much in Mexican
cooking except in Monterrey and lands north... by adding some Poblano chile
it suddenly becomes Mexican Stir Fry.

If you go through the many recipes posted here and elsewhere that claim to
be Mexican food, you will see this trend. To anything in the world, add some
chile and it's Mexican food!

Well.... why not go the other direction. Most Italian food from spaghetti to
pizza is based on tomatoes - originating in the Americas. German potato
salads and all the other potato stuff making them fat is of American origin.
Swiss chocolates, world famous, is possible because of Mexican cocoa beans
now cultivated globally; but originally from Mexico. Thanksgiving dinner of
turkey, potatoes, pumpkin pie - all pre-Columbian Mexican origin!

Fun, isn't it????

Wayne