Wayne Lundberg

Default tortilla soup?

"JD" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 08:47:02 GMT, "TPhil"
> > wrote:
>
> >So let's see who has a kick butt recipe for this one, Please.!

> This recipe wouldn't be considered authentic, and is really an amalgam
> of several Mexican style soups, but I like it -- and it's really easy
> to whip up:

..---snip---

Make sure you have the ingredients for this wonderful mixture during the
winter months. It is ideal for the first salvo against a cold. If you were
brought up on chicken soup to ward off colds, consider tortilla soup as a
quantum leap more powerful and certainly more enjoyable.

Two bowls of tortilla soup should do the trick. One at noon, one at night.
In between, a couple of cups of te de manzanilla.

I keep a good stock of either Albertson's tomato/chile or Ro-Tel for the
tomato part of the recipe. And always have a package of corn tortillas in
the freezer to convert into the thinly sliced bits to be fried before
dumping into the soup or vice versa. A whole chicken will yield the best
consommé, but Maggi does the trick when a real chicken is not to be found
running about the yard.

Wayne