Old 15-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Jim Lane

Default Enchiladas Placeras - Puebla, Mexico

Linda wrote:

"Jim Lane" wrote in message

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

Shame on you Linda! It's two pm and lunchtime for my Mexican trained
stomach.... and not a market style enchilada or taco anywhere in sight!!

I'm almost ready to jump in my car and go to Tijuana and stop at the

first

street food vendor!

Wayne

snip

Just back from a day wandering the shops off the bridge into Tijuana.
Really nice chili relleno, beans, rice and very good corn tortillas -
$3. Little Jaliscan hideyhole. Next Friday is a day-run to Ensenada,
different street food.

jim

Those little hideyholes are the best. Stay aqway from Avenida Revolution,
those are tourist traps.

Linda

The only place I regularly patronized on Avenida Revolucion was
Guillermo's, which is long gone. A couple of the fish places are good,
but pricier than others. Of the tourist traps, I view Tijuana Tilly's as
being the worst.

jim