Dimitri

Default Help with Vegetarian Side?

"Douglas S. Ladden" > wrote in message
7.77...
> Dimitri on 10 Nov 2003 suggested:

<snip>

> That is where I started, Dimitri. I had even posted that site as
> a great place for Mexican recipes. One of the things I forgot to
> mention, and is somewhat important, is that I do not eat spicy food,
> like chiles, and I would really like to be able to eat what I bring.
> I'll blame that oversight on the fact that it was so late when I posted,
> but sadly, I still have not slept, so this post may not be any more
> effective.
>
> All of the Mexican dishes with vegetables that I have found seem
> to either have Chile and/or meat, or just be salads. I like the tortas
> de papa I saw in another post, and may go with that, since the salsa can
> be put on the side. Also the stuffed squash looked like a possibility.
>
> --Douglas

Then go he
http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/a.../indexall.html

Remember several things:

1. Generally the canned diced green chilies are not hot but add a lot of
flavor.
2. The amount of hot is up to the individual and due to that IMHO it is
almost always OK to put the hot on the side as a condiment.
3. Cream and sour cream to me tone down the natural hot.

4. Finally if you have the facility just roast some corn on a grill, when
cooked and charred a little cut off the kernels. Sauté some red bell
pepper, add the corn some butter and lime (not lemon) juice, salt and
pepper.

Call it Roasted corn Douglas... ;-)

Dimitri