Douglas S. Ladden

Default Help with Vegetarian Side?

Dimitri on 10 Nov 2003 suggested:

> "Douglas S. Ladden" > wrote in message
> 9.17...
>> Hello Folks!
>>
>> I've been invited to a dinner, and I am supposed to bring a side
>> dish. However, they are vegetarian and I am not, so I am having
>> great difficulty in finding a Mexican vegetarian side dish, as
>> opposed to a salad. I would very much prefer to have a Mexican
>> vegetarian side dish, which is why I enlist your help. If you have
>> any suggestions or recipes, please let me know. Thanks!
>>
>> --Douglas

> Su
>
> Go he http://mexico.udg.mx/cocina/ingles/menu/frame.html
>
> Click on vegetables.

That is where I started, Dimitri. I had even posted that site as
a great place for Mexican recipes. One of the things I forgot to
mention, and is somewhat important, is that I do not eat spicy food,
like chiles, and I would really like to be able to eat what I bring.
I'll blame that oversight on the fact that it was so late when I posted,
but sadly, I still have not slept, so this post may not be any more
effective.

All of the Mexican dishes with vegetables that I have found seem
to either have Chile and/or meat, or just be salads. I like the tortas
de papa I saw in another post, and may go with that, since the salsa can
be put on the side. Also the stuffed squash looked like a possibility.

--Douglas