Rich McCormack

Default cooking with canned beans

David Wright wrote:

> LOL! I planted some epazote in my yard to use with beans. A friend who
> was born and raised in Durango (Mexico, not Colorado) saw it one day
> and took some home to show his wife the stuff his mama had used to
> make a vile tea for him and his brother when they had upset tummies.
> He said they soon learned not to let her know when they felt sick.
>
> David

Another name for epazote is wormseed. A tea made from the leaves
supposedly expels intestinal worms and parasites. Apparently, it's
also used to treat gout...something I unfortunately suffer from
occasionally. I guess I could try a cup or two of epazote tea when
the symptoms occur, but reading your description above tells me
I should stick with the anti-inflamatory drugs. Here's the URL
to a website with more info about epazote than most anyone really
needs to know...

http://www.rain-tree.com/epazote.htm