Rich McCormack

Default cooking with canned beans

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> Rich, I like your recipes (saved them all) but I gotta ask. Do you ever use
> epazote? Not that you're supposed to but I'm just curious.
>
> Jack

I see epazote mentioned in black bean recipes more often than
pinto bean. I hadn't ever tried it until I found some growing
in my back yard a few years ago and decided to give it a try in
black beans. I couldn't tell any difference with or without,
so I stopped using it. I've seen epazote mentioned as a salad
green as well. I wouldn't use it in a salad myself. To me,
it tastes like what I imagine turpentine would taste like
if I were to take a swig. I guess it's kinda like cilantro,
an acquired taste.