William Jennings

Default Another version

"David Wright" > wrote in message

> >We call that Wacky Waco which I avoid if I can. Sometimes drive

though
> >on the way to Dallas but I seldom
> >stop unless I need gas..
> >
> >doc

> Speaking of hasty judgments, maybe "Wacky Waco" is one, especially if
> you know nothing about the town.
>
> David

I was in Waco that Sunday morning February, 1993 the Branch Davidian's
were raided. David Koresh was on tv for the three days I was there and
long after. I was conducting research which required reviewing chain of
title and deed information for the past 50 years. Waco was an important
town in the days of the cattle drives because of the suspension bridge
built across the Brazos River in 1870. It was an important town during
the Western movement and part of the Chisolm Trail.

In 1992 I was involved in large land acquisitions and environmental
accessments for the superconducting super collider. Much time was spent
in Waco and the surrounding towns over eight months.

More recently we have learned of the Baylor Un.Dean/ basketball coach
affair and the Carlton Dotson case involving the murder of Patrick
Dennehy.

If I'm hungry in Waco I'll drive to the near by small town of West and
have an official Texas state Czech kolache. There is great BBQ in
Taylor, Texas or I can drive on in to Austin and enjoy good Vietnamese,
Thai or Salvadorian food. A Salvadorian sampler plate, with a "tamale",
"quesadillas", fried plantains and fried yucca. They serve a very good
sopao de Mariscos an allow you to have a semi-decent meal without seeing
people in bad K-Mart designer polyester fashions.

Nuff' said on hasty judgements? Would you like to discuss "Keep Austin
Weird"? http://www.keepaustinweird.com/

I find when the going gets weird the weird turn Pro.

doc