Posted to alt.food.wine
mickel6830 mickel6830 is offline

Default TN: 2000 Ch. Lusseau

Mark Lipton > wrote in :

> Tonight, we celebrated the arrival of truly cold weather (snow predicted
> for the surrounding area) with a cold weather meal of broiled rack of
> lamb, baked potatoes and a salad. Jean and I both felt the need for a
> good wine to accompany this meal (Andrew also assented), so down to the
> cellar for a semi-ready Bordeaux:
>
> 2000 Ch. Lusseau St.-Emilion Grand Cru Classé
> color: dark red-purple with slight bricking at the edges
> nose: initially, a huge whack of black truffle, later turning into
> pencil lead, dark berry fruit, herbs and tea; finally, roasted coffee
> notes palate: medium body, very fine grained tannins, decent acidity,
> flavors mirroring the nose, rich fruit
>
> This was the first wine removed from a mixed case we purchased as
> futures with some other people (in fact, we were brought in late in the
> game after the wines had already been ordered). Jean took one sniff and
> proclaimed it "St.-Emilion" and the more that time went on, the more I
> understood her remark. I gave it a quick decant before serving and it
> continued opening up for the next 1-2 hours. Certainly, its final state
> of roasted, coffee character reminded me a lot of the several bottles of
> '90 Angelus that we consumed several years ago. Altogether pleasant,
> and not terribly modern. I'm glad that I have several more bottles of
> this and plan on opening them over the next 3-5 years.
>
> Mark Lipton

Hello Mark
I seen in a few of your past postings you have giving a prices of the
wines you have tried. What would be the price be for this one, if you
know?

Thank you
Mickel

P.S. I bought a bottle of the 2005 Joseph Drouhin Beaujolais-Villages had
it for a wine tour i attended. I paid about $10.50 for it. It was just you
had discribed. Thank you for the tip.
Served it with the following cheese.
Tomme De Savoie – French – this was the mild cheese
Aged Manchego – Spanish – this was the “brie style” cheese, but much
harder.