David Wright

Default pombasos? mexican sandwich bread?

On 1 Nov 2003 07:33:19 -0800, (Mark Preston)
wrote:

><snip>
>
>> Great story yourself, Mark, even if you won't share your chorizo
>> recipe! ;-)

>David,
>
>And I believe that sausage
>makers, who have spent time working up a great sausage flavor have
>some duty to not reveal the recipes because this forces others to 1.
>buy from them, exclusively, or 2. to try to make a better mousetrap. I
>am of the 2. catagory.

That's fine, Mark. I wasn't serious (note the smiley.) I make a pretty
good chorizo myself, but I'm of the "little of this and a little of
that" school of cooking and I never do duplicate my sausage from one
time to the next.

>Yet, in fairness to all, let me say this:
>
>My chorizo uses beef and pork in equal parts. Beyond that, I can't
>give out the spice and technique profiles, as that would violate the
>un-written code of the sausagemaker. Which I have written above.

I usually mix pork and venison, mainly because a friend of mine
"collects" Axis and white-tail deer on his ranch, and he and I do up
batches of sausage 3-4 times a year.

>Again, thanks for that great Pambazo recipe.

Oops, that was Douglas, not me.

>P.S. I do love Spanish/Mexican orthography in that: you say pambaso
>and I say pamvaso. And we are both correct.

Spelling's different; pronunciations the same.

David