Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Lifted off Chowhound

"Goomba38" > wrote

> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>
>> They for sure don't do reviews like that in St. Louis. Or at least not
>> that I've read. I don't follow our food sections here very often. I
>> always find them uninspiring and insipid and best. The review you posted
>> was vivid and funny with a wicked backlash. I would read the reviewer's
>> column every time it was published. Thanks for the post.

> Yeah..mine seems to only do reviews (and all end up positive) on their...
> advertisers! No one seems to be an impartial, food savvy critic.

I got such a laugh. In my paper, they first took away the ratings
(the best you could get were four pretzels) from the column that
rated pub type places. Now his reviews are never negative. They
used to be hilarious, the last one I remember he rated the bar in
Macaroni Grill.

Later they took away the stars from the restaurant reviewer. She
still tells it like it is, and that is often good for a laugh. My
favorites are the comments about snippy or obnoxious service.
That's got to be a fun read at work the day after.

nancy