Old 27-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Douglas S. Ladden

Default Mummy candy

William Jennings on 27 Oct 2003 suggested:

Wayne, that Guanajuato mummy candy question has been floating around
the internet for years. It always shows up around this time of
year.....

Well of course it does, don't be ridiculous! After all we're just 5
days away from "Dia de los Muertos", day of the dead, when all kinds of
"creepy" candies are made in Mexico. It's just a shame I won't be there
to participate. Here's a nice little site describing the tradition:
http://www.yumfood.net/articles/diadelosmuertos.html, and here's a site
with lots of other links, if you really want to get into it:
http://members.tripod.com/~clinch1/index-28.html, and finally you might
want to check out: http://www.dayofthedead.com/

--Douglas