Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee.Dee Dee.Dee is offline

Default Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spices added

"notbob" > wrote in message
> Dee.Dee wrote:
>> Any suggestions as to what to do now?

> Yikes, that's a pretty pricey chunk 'o meat to just bake away. But, all
> is not lost. You could make Middle Tennessee-style BBQ. This is
> basically pulling the meat apart and mixing it with plenty of your
> favorite BBQ sauce. Let simmer a couple hours and serve between a
> hamburger bun, sloppy joe style. This is not considered real BBQ by hard
> core Q-freaks, but screw 'em. It was a BBQ staple around Murfreesboro TN
> and served in every restuarant for a 50 mile radius for 30+ years. It's
> still one of my favorite styles of BBQ when I can find it. Better still,
> make your own. Just use the BBQ sauce you prefer.
>
> nb

Thanks, Bob. I just put 13 oz. each in two packages to freeze. When they
get thawed, they will thaw in a BBQ sauce.

I don't know what real BBQ is anyway, so doesn't matter to me either. I'll
go with Murfreesboro -- and you.
Thanks a lot.

Dee Dee