Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spicesadded

Dee.Dee wrote:
> Any suggestions as to what to do now?

Yikes, that's a pretty pricey chunk 'o meat to just bake away. But, all
is not lost. You could make Middle Tennessee-style BBQ. This is
basically pulling the meat apart and mixing it with plenty of your
favorite BBQ sauce. Let simmer a couple hours and serve between a
hamburger bun, sloppy joe style. This is not considered real BBQ by
hard core Q-freaks, but screw 'em. It was a BBQ staple around
Murfreesboro TN and served in every restuarant for a 50 mile radius for
30+ years. It's still one of my favorite styles of BBQ when I can find
it. Better still, make your own. Just use the BBQ sauce you prefer.

nb