Peggy

Default Ric Bayless-shameless sellout?

Why weren't you boo hooing about this when he started pushing his line of
sauces, salsas, coffee beans, etc. etc. ? How is that any different? The
bottom line is, the product is still good, even though it's sold to a mass
market. I'm lucky enough to live an hour from Frontera Grill and
Topolobampo, but not everyone is - so there you go. His pumpkin seed hot
sauce is absolutely great, for instance. Anyway, I'm sure some of you food
snobs out there wouldn't be caught dead in a Burger King - but the sandwich
(other than the chicken being a bit salty) is really rather good. He
shouldn't be a bit ashamed of putting his name on it - it's probably the
best thing on the menu at a fast food place in years. Put on your dark
sunglasses, slink through the drive through, and actually try it before you
rip him to shreds.
Peg
PS. Sometimes a Whopper tastes better than fois gras... depending on the
circumstances