Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mo[_2_] Mo[_2_] is offline

Default Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spices added

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> Yesterday I bought a 4 lb. piece of pork butt - Niman Ranch -- at Whole
> Foods in Baltimore for pulled pork. They gave me enough ice to get me
> home, but I didn't get home until the meat registered (on infrared therm)
> about 57-60 degrees. I immediately (at 8:45 pm) put it in a heavy
> cast-iron enameled pot with 4 oz water, turned on the oven to 225 and let
> it go until 6:15 this morning. It registered 210ºF + -- DH reported.
>
> It fell off the fork a little getting it onto a plate/dish to refrigerate.
>
> As I didn't have time last night to do anything regarding spices, this
> meat is devoid of any flavor with the exception of the meat itself, of
> course.
>
> Any suggestions as to what to do now?
>
> Open to all comments :-) Thanks.
> Dee Dee

We just smoked a big shoulder, ended up with a nice batch of pulled pork. We
had sandwiches the first night, with a little vinegar/pepper sauce and some
cole slaw. To the rest of it, we added our homemade chili sauce from our
heirloom chili garden, then used it to fill tomales. My partner made about
75 tomales, most of which went into the freezer for Christmas, but we ate a
bunch of them at lunch today. Mmmmm. He doesn't usually cook much but he
seems to be in a mood this week--he made a huge cheesecake today, it should
be chilled and ready to slice after dinner tonight Nice to have someone
else cook---well--for you every once in a while!
Cheers-
Mo