Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael Kuettner Michael Kuettner is offline

Default Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spices added

"Dee.Dee" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Yesterday I bought a 4 lb. piece of pork butt - Niman Ranch -- at Whole Foods
> in Baltimore for pulled pork. They gave me enough ice to get me home, but I
> didn't get home until the meat registered (on infrared therm) about 57-60
> degrees. I immediately (at 8:45 pm) put it in a heavy cast-iron enameled
> pot with 4 oz water, turned on the oven to 225 and let it go until 6:15 this
> morning. It registered 210ºF + -- DH reported.
>
> It fell off the fork a little getting it onto a plate/dish to refrigerate.
>
> As I didn't have time last night to do anything regarding spices, this meat is
> devoid of any flavor with the exception of the meat itself, of course.
>
> Any suggestions as to what to do now?
>
> Open to all comments :-) Thanks.
> Dee Dee

Serve in slices (slightly nuke them, if you want them warm)
with salt and pepper and sourdough bread.
To spice things up a little, serve with

a) apple-horse-radish-sauce
Peel three apples, finely grate them, mix with lemon juice, salt,
sugar and at least 2 table spoons of grated horse-radish.
b) cranberry-horseraddish sauce
2 table spoons horse-radish, grated
4 table spoons cranberry jam or sauce
2 table spoons mustard
lemon juice
salt
1/8 litre whipped cream

Mix cranberry jam, horse-radish and mustard well.
Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
Now carefully stir in the whipped cream.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner