Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spices added

Dee.Dee wrote:
> Yesterday I bought a 4 lb. piece of pork butt - Niman Ranch -- at
> Whole Foods in Baltimore for pulled pork. They gave me enough ice to
> get me home, but I didn't get home until the meat registered (on
> infrared therm) about 57-60 degrees. I immediately (at 8:45 pm) put
> it in a heavy cast-iron enameled pot with 4 oz water, turned on the
> oven to 225 and let it go until 6:15 this morning. It registered
> 210ºF + -- DH reported.
> It fell off the fork a little getting it onto a plate/dish to
> refrigerate.
> As I didn't have time last night to do anything regarding spices,
> this meat is devoid of any flavor with the exception of the meat
> itself, of course.
> Any suggestions as to what to do now?
>
> Open to all comments :-) Thanks.
> Dee Dee

Try this:

1cup apple cider vinegar
1cup white vinegar
1cup white sugar
1cup brown sugar
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Mix well together. Each person can sprinkle it on their pork to taste. I
will mix a bit into the entire mound of puleed pork and mix together.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com