Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default Good News: Sodium Nitrite/Nitrates declared heart healthy!!! :(

Andy wrote:

> The fact that the news makes it sound like it's finally
> proven safe crap for humans is what ****es me off!

I don't use the TV to get news about food safety issues.
They are frequently wrong. I get my information from
primary sources (like the ones I quoted).

TV stations don't have anybody who knows even as much
as I do about food safety, and I don't pretend to be
an expert. They are, however, influenced by press
releases that pass through the mail slot and fax
machine. How much you wanna bet that the story
you saw was sourced from a meat-industry PR outfit?

There is no PR outfit telling the other side of the
story. Same thing with Mad Cow Disease.