Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Good News: Sodium Nitrite/Nitrates declared heart healthy!!! :(

Mark Thorson said...

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> My local NBC morning news reported "from a reliable source"
>> http://www.healthday.com/Article.asp?AID=609977 that sodium nitrate and
>> sodium nitrite are heart healthy.
>>
>> Well I don't buy it. Quite possibly the most falsified study ever
>> conducted in the history of food science.
>>
>> They're proven carcinogens since the early 1970s. Certainly not GRAS.

Mark,

I don't see a line around the block of humans to take part in the research
and there are probably 100 generations of mice who could care less what we
eat.

The fact that the news makes it sound like it's finally proven safe crap
for humans is what ****es me off!

I'm not buying into this mouse-sized research. Not for 1,000 country miles.

Andy
Country Mouse