Misschef

Default Fresh Roasted Chiles

I have just finished roasting 2 bushels of fresh chilies on my barbeque
grill. An assortment of Anaheim's, Sandia's, Pueblo's and Ancho's - mostly
Ancho's, my favorite. I added mesquite wood chunks to the coals and they
smelled like heaven when roasting. After this post I will commence with the
peeling process. Tomorrow, the gigantic stock pot goes on the stovetop for
the preparation of Chili Verde con Puerca. I will, of course, save some
chilies in the freezer for other dishes to be made on another day. I think
16 or 18 quarts of Green Chili with Pork ought to be sufficient for awhile,
lol.
I have posted the recipe here before, but if any of you want it again,
please ask and ye shall receive. Ahhhhhhhhhh, life is good.

misschef