Karen O'Mara

Default green chili and cheese tamales

"Linda" > wrote in message news:<_Xdjb.66120$vj2.63360@fed1read06>...
> A lot of people claim you can put whatever you want in tamales. I know one
> year I had a
> lot of leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and I used it to make turkey
> tamales (o.k. folks, flame away)
> They were so good, I was even surprised myself.

Good idea for leftover turkey in a few weeks!

I've never made tamales but am thinking about it. Tamales sure vary
from cook to cook, too. Recently, I tasted a tamale where the masa was
really too hard. Is that from overworking the mixture or rolling it up
too tight? (banana leaves, not corn husks, were used to wrap before
steaming.)

Karen