Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default When Topflight Food Was Standard On Planes (Airline Menu Collection)...

Dan Abel said...

> Last time we rode the train, the employee on
> board told us, that if we planned to come back, to take the bus. We
> did. We've ridden the train twice in the last few years. We weren't
> actually going anywhere, fortunately, just for the trip.

I remember on 9-11-2001 I got to the train station to return home after the
World Trade Center was hit and every train monitor blinked "Cancelled." I
was at Suburban station in Philly.

Now what am I gonna do?

Then all of a sudden a sign lit up for my train to Media would be pulling
in in 5 minutes. It didn't make any sense until the conductor on the train
mentioned that SEPTA owned all the track except at 30th Street station,
owned by Amtrak and wouldn't let SEPTA trains stop on their track. We
didn't stop at that station as usual.

I imagine other stations were all on SEPTA track but had no way of knowing.

Was my little piece of good luck on such a tragic day.

Andy