Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default When Topflight Food Was Standard On Planes (Airline Menu Collection)...

In article >,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/6...sweb12.article

Life has changed. We used to ride the bus. We don't very much anymore.
We used to ride the train. Last time we rode the train, the employee on
board told us, that if we planned to come back, to take the bus. We
did. We've ridden the train twice in the last few years. We weren't
actually going anywhere, fortunately, just for the trip. They don't
have spare engines or spare employees. When the engine doesn't work,
you just wait until it's fixed. When an employee gets sick, then you
just wait (or take the bus).

Flying used to be for the rich. No more. I went to visit my relatives
last month. I thought about driving. It would have cost at least twice
as much as flying, not to mention that driving would have taken four
days versus a few hours for flying. I plan to visit again. I talked to
my wife about me driving. That means she has no vehicle. She didn't
like that. I guess we could buy or rent another vehicle. That would
cost money. I suspect I will fly.

I've looked at bus fares. I don't think they are cheaper.