Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Pepperidge Farms Cornbread Stuffing

On Nov 12, 11:04 am, Nancy2 > wrote:

> I've never put eggs in stuffing or dressing, and don't know anyone who
> does (although I saw someone on the Food Network do it).

Raises hand, I do add two eggs as my mom and everyone around here
does.

> To me,
> there's no reason to add them; they do nothing for the finished dish.

Probably not, but it acts like a binder.

> The same goes for apples, sausage and cream (???). We like our
> dressing/stuffing without all that other stuff, although a good
> sausage/apple stuffing is nice now and then for a change.

I guess because all we ever had was a cornbread dressing with eggs
(!), l-o-t-s of onions and celery, turkey broth, salt, pepper, sage,
and a bit of butter is what I REALLY prefer. Childhood memories and
tastes prevail for all of us I suppose.