Douglas S. Ladden

Default Old Fashion Biscuits - The Saga Continues

The Terran carbon-based unit designating itself as "William Jennings"
> shared its ideas in alt.food.mexican-cooking on
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:43:57 GMT:

> According to my notes the two best panaderias
> (subjective opinion) in Mexico D.F. are next to one another on Av. 16
> de Septiembre near Eje Central, Pastelerķa La Ideal and El Globo.
> These panaderias are among the oldest in Mexico.

El Globo is a chain, and there are MANY of them throughout Mexico
City. My aunt swears by them whenever she needs to buy a cake. The
quality seems to be very consistent among all of them. I do not believe I
have been to "La Ideal", but the next time I'm in that neighborhood, I
will check it out. I so enjoy bread.

> Usually one selects Mexican bakery items with a pair of tongs and a
> tray from a vast assortment of items in a the old style panaderias.

Yes. The inclusion in many grocery stores of their own panaderias
has put a lot of real Panaderias out of business, unfortunately. Though
they still operate the same in the grocery stores with the tongs and tray.

--Douglas