William Jennings

Default Old Fashion Biscuits & Guacamole

Judging from what I've read the past few days in this NG, many only know
what they have read in cook books or learned over vacation about food in
Mexico. Knowing the foods historical vignettes and sometimes poignant
anecdotes is just as important as capturing the flavor.

The flan recipes sort of did it for me. Flan recipes to be sure, but
nothing I would serve. My conclusion.... why bother and put up with some
smart remarks from someone in Ohio who spent two weeks in Mexico eating at a
resort.

Makes you wonder how many know what a cazuela is... much less use them.

I use the Eagle Brand, Pet Evaporated milk recipe for flan with a hint of
orange flavor. I made it for a party and it went so fast
my girlfriend and her mother didn't get enough. The next week I made it for
them again in a 6"x12"x2" glass baking dish. I took off and went fishing
overnight. The next day on my return I thought about the tasty flan waiting
at home.
To my dismay there was no flan. They had eaten the entire thing...... both
have been a little sick of flan evry since ;-)

Let them eat biscuits con guacamole.

doc

"Irma" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi Linda;
>
> This Biscuits are part of our "sweet bread" "pan de dulce" in Mexico,

since
> my Mamy was a kid, Biscuits are found in any backery in Mexico, and even
> there is a house "Bisquets Obregon", that now has a lot of branches all

over
> Mexico city and some other states.
>
> If they came from another country, they have been adopted to our Mexican
> kitchen long ago.
>
> If this group as far as I understand is to discuss and share Mexican food
> recipes.
>
> I had problems with this recipe long ago and I asked in this very same

group
> about the recipe and Shelora, Arturo and Jerry helped me to figure out my
> problem.
>
> Why you find this recipe out of place? Why you ask someone to post in
> another group? just because you consider this recipe is not Mexican food?
> But, what about the others reading this group?
>
> By the way, I hope now you answer my post, since I have made some

questions
> to you before and you never answer.
>
> Irma.
>

> "Linda" > wrote in message
> > Look Mr. A1, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but there are

several