William Jennings

Default Old Fashion Biscuits

Correct, you wouldn't find buttermilk biscuits in Mexico proper. The
buttermilk biscuits I mentioned are found along the boarder land of Tex-Mex.

Buttermilk (jocoque) was hard to find in Mexico when I lived there but today
the H.E.B stores in Northern Mexico
do carry buttermilk. Last time I was in Monterrey I found General Foods
"Cafe Vienna" in the grocery stores. The day
I returned I found canned Goya "Huitacoche" in the grocery store here. Come
to think of it, when I lived in Mexico milk
was hard to find outside the larger cities.... but that was some time ago.

doc

6...