The Fisherman

Default How to pronounce Chayote?

Go to the Merriam-Webster on-line dictionary. Type in chayote. Click on the
speaker icon and hear the word pronounced.

Pronunciation: chI-'yO-tE, chE-, -(")tA
Function: noun
Etymology: Spanish, from Nahuatl chayohtli
Date: 1887
: the pear-shaped fruit of a West Indian annual vine (Sechium edule) of the
gourd family that is widely cultivated as a vegetable; also : the plant --
called also mirliton

Jim