A1 WBarfieldsr

Default Chile verde question

"Misschef" > wrote in message =
hlink.net...
>=20
> "A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
>=20

> I wasn't implying there wasn't a difference in Mexican vs. =

Southwestern. I
> was saying if it taste good, what difference does it make whether it's
> Authentic Mexican or Southwestern, except to fulfill your curiosity. =

If a
> person had just enjoyed half a burrito from Taco Bell and was informed =

it
> was not Authentic Mexican food, would they then immediatly spit it out =

and
> start gagging just because it wasn't Authentic Mexican, or finish =

enjoying
> the burrito no matter what country it was thought up in.
>=20
> Maybe the difference is that this newsgroup is titled
> "mexican-cooking"..............Did I actually read the words "Taco =

Bell"? I
> know several people who swear they can't go a week without eating =

there and
> if they, or anyone else enjoys it, that's great. In my opinion, it has =

no
> place here. We are discussing and sharing Mexican recipes and
> cooking........aren't we??? There are lots of food newsgroups that =

discuss
> food in a more general sense. I check the posts here to find =

"authentic"
> Mexican recipes and the history of the foods of Mexico and the people =

who
> prepare/consume it. By reading appropriately directed dialogues I hope =

> enrich my knowledge of the same. Otherwise, I would be wasting my =

time. (and
> sometimes I am).
>=20
> Since this is the ONLY newsgroup that has anything to do with the =

Mexican STYLE of cooking, I suppose there might be some room for food =
that had their origins in Mexico. Since there is no "Authentic" Mexican =
cooking, unless you go back to the first Indians in the jungle. I look =
at this newsgroup as foods that originated in Mexico. Every country that =
conquered the people gave and took parts of each others cultural foods =
to make what is the TRADITIONAL style of cooking known today as Mexican =
cooking. When they cooked the first beef "Authentic" went out the window =
and the food has been changing slowly ever since. You don't have to live =
in Mexico to be one of those that prepare/consume the food. As far as =
the history of Mexican foods, Wayne seems to have a lot of knowledge on =
that subject. Gaining any knowledge is never a waste of time, but you =
would probably gain more knowledge by attending classes on the subject =
than reading newsgroups.
--=20
William Barfieldsr