maiggy

Default Chile verde question

I'm Mexican American and I can safely tell you that I have been complimented
by many Mexican nationals on my cooking and ask if I was born in Mexico.
Our dishes are not mild, the last 2-3 generations of Mexican Americans have
become wimps with *******ized and desensitized palates when it comes to
cooking. Most don't even cook at home other that quick, dirty and in a
hurry dishes (my husband's a jarhead). Chile verde is really salsa verde
and it is supposed to be hot and some of the recipes that I've seen on this
newsgroup are something I would never try and my husband is ditto on this
one and he's German American but eats enough spicy dishes and hot sauces to
qualify as being a Mexican. Hell, he say's he's more Mexican than I am! If
you want a true Mexican (not southwest) recipe then let me know and I will
send you my 3 variations of salsa verde. Kudos Jarhead!
"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
news

> "Jarhead" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> > | It's southwestern US because rarely do you find Mexican Mexican food

> that
> > is
> > | designed to be really picante. Great care is taken to warn the diners

> that
> > | the chile rellenos are this or that, or that the mole is this or that.
> > | Mostly Mexican Mexican cooking is mild and the salsas are added by the
> > | eaters from the dishes on the table of salsa verde, salsa borracha,

pico
> > de
> > | gallo, chipotle, etc.
> > |
> > | Wayne

> have
> > | >

> > Tell that to the Guadalajara Restaurant in Clovis, N.M. Papa Casillas
> > presented his Chili Verde as an authentic dish from his native land and
> > passed it on to his grandson. He also placed a potent salsa verde on

your