Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default The end of the WSM experiment

Tutall wrote:
> On Nov 8, 1:04 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> I think this is the perfect time to post something like this.
>>> Traffic on the group is slow, no one seems to be ****ed off about
>>> anything, so a good time to make some equipment observations. This
>>> is the long windup on the first post of my WSM experiment. I guess
>>> I took the time to do this as I have never has a pit that would
>>> maintain temps like this one does, much less do it on so little
>>> fuel with no fiddling.

>> Snip of report.....
>>
>> Good onya to post your experiences and observations, Robert. I agree
>> with what you wrote.
>>
>> Now, imagine the capabilities of the WSM on steroids, with even
>> longer burn times and using even less fuel. And with the ability to
>> also use it as a grill capable of quickly topping 750F.
>> --
>> Davewww.davebbq.com

> Hmmmm, wonder what THAT could be...........
>
> Does is come very late with promises made and not kept? Does the
> company have an abysmal record of customer service?

I have a Kamado, but any of the ceramic pits would do as well. As far as I
can tell, the Komodo-Kamado is a great product. The Primo, BGE, and a few
others will do the same job.

> I was gonna buy one figuring if I had too many hassles they were a 3
> hour drive from me, but then they moved to Mexico. No way Jose.

I wouldn't even think of buying a Richard Johnson Kamado again. But I'd
definitely replace mine with another company's version; the ceramic pit is a
superb concept.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com