Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Good Quick Tasty Recipe for Belly Ribs....

Sqwertz > wrote:

>Most Americans would find the ribs+belly to fatty to cook VIA the
>traditional American methods.

But there's a trend now towards very fat-laden cuts such as
this. The New York Times did an article on it a few months
ago, and in line with this trend I had roasted pork belly at
the now-defunct Winterland in San Francisco.

(By that, I mean the now-defunct restaurant, not the also
defunct concert venue at the same location.)

Essentially it was a cube 2" (or more) on a side cut from
the pork belly, streaked with fat, about a 2/3 or more fat ratio,
roasted so that some of the outside was slightly crispy but
mostly just globs of fat.

Tasty but not something you want to eat more than once in
a great while. 4 ounces of pure fat is 1000 fat calories,
and that's probably what we're talking about, and only a
couple hundred (at most) protein calories.

Steve