Posted to rec.food.baking
D and d Jordan D and d Jordan is offline

Default can anyone recommend a high quality chocolate for baking, (oreating) what they'd consider the best?

Scharffen Berger . My chocolate baking has improved immensely since
using this brand. I read a survey some place - and this is the
chocolate that placed highest. The lowest was Hershey's, I believe. It
is more expensive, but the older one gets, the more chocolate aftertaste
one experiences and this provides little aftertaste yet more flavor.

As for chocolate chips, My Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have
never tasted better than since I started using Guittard chips. Again,
they are more expensive, but so much better.

We had a lady from Finland staying with us and she couldn't stand our
Hershey's, Nestles, and other regular type chocolate candy bars. She
found some European chocolate to provide less aftertaste.

Lover of Chocolate of any Kind