Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bigbazza[_7_] Bigbazza[_7_] is offline

Default Good Quick Tasty Recipe for Belly Ribs....

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Bigbazza wrote:
>> I bought some Pork Belly Ribs today (I think that the Americans call
>> them 'Country Ribs'..Not sure...I usually cook my din dins quite late
>> of an evening, and tonight is no exceptions.:-)
>>
>> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

> Don't know the quantity you bought but these are very tasty. The recipe
> came from the Good Housekeeping Cookbook and I've made them many times
> over
> the last 20 years.
>
> Marinated Country Ribs
>
> 3-4 lbs. country ribs
> 11 oz. can mandarin orange slices with juice
> 1/2 c. teriyaki or soy sauce
> 2 cloves garlic
> 1/4 c. vegetable oil
> 1/4 c. crystallized ginger
> 1 med. onion, quartered
>
> Puree all the ingredients (except the ribs, doh!) until smooth. Pour over
> the ribs and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight. 2
> hours
> before serving: preheat oven to 350F. Arrange meat on a rack in a
> roasting
> pan; reserve the marinade. Bake for 1 hour, turning the ribs once. Brush
> generously with marinade and bake another 1-1/2 hours until fork tender,
> basting and turning every 20-30 minutes.
>
> Jill

Thank you, Jill...Sorry I haven't gotten back to you...By the time I wanted
to cook them, I had already gone ahead, as you folk are in the Upper part of
planet earth..I live down under :-)

I am actually having the rest of them tonight..It is now too late to
marinate them.. but this sounds very nice..I will put it amongst my to try
recipes..It sounds like a nice way to cook them... That 'Crystallised
Ginger' sounds yummy to add to the marinade...Thanks..

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz