Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Peanut Brittle

Dee.Dee wrote:

> Thanks, Jill. This brings to mind a peanut brittle recipe I saw someone
> make in a microwave oven. Basically the ingredients were poured right onto
> the microwave glass. It took just a couple of minutes as I recall.
>
> I've never seen a recipe for it - but there it was.
>
> Oh, my aching teeth! Yes, I still have teeth!
> Dee Dee

This is one I've used for years (and have posted here in the past) I
like to use a large (8 cup??) handled Pyrex mixing bowl for the nuking-

* Exported from MasterCook *

Microwave Peanut Brittle

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

1 cup raw peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white karo
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

Stir peanuts, sugar, karo and salt into 1 1/2 quart casserole.
Cook 4 min on High. Stir
Cook 4 more min. on High.
Mix in butter and vanilla. Cook 2 more min. on High.
Add baking soda and stir till white and foamy.
Pour onto lightly greased sheet pan and cool one hour.
Break into pieces and store in airtight container.