Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking,rec.food.preserving,misc.consumers,sci.med.nutrition
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Dave Bugg is a total jack-off -- WTF does cream in the local store contain carrageenan, polysorbate, preservatives, and mono/di- glycerides when milk doesn't?!

On Nov 4, 9:27 pm, "Green Xenon [Radium]" >
wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> > On Nov 4, 7:23 pm, "Green Xenon [Radium]" >
> > wrote:

> >>Dave Bugg is a sicko!

> >>Answer my questions properly!

> >>I asked question! I want answers!

> >>Give me!!!! Now!!!

> >>WTF does cream in the local store contain carrageenan, polysorbate,
> >>preservatives, and mono/di- glycerides when milk doesn't?!

> > OK, Green Asshole. I'll tell you why. The carageenan, polysorbate
> > and mono/di-glycerides stabilize the cream. They keep it from
> > separating into butter and buttermilk in transit. Think, churning.
> > Well, maybe the carageenan is there to make whipped cream stiffer
> > too. None of those are anything weird or unhealthful, though they
> > might detract slightly from the aesthetics of the cream.

> The carageenan, polysorbate and mono/di-glycerides detract *extremely*
> from the aesthetics of the cream. They totally destroy the flavor. These
> noxious pollutants should be banned.
>
> On one of my lucky days, I was able to get some real-cream from Trader
> Joes. Checked the ingredients: heavy cream. Nothing else. It was
> *SOOOOOOOOO* much better than any cream I've ever eaten in my life. This
> is one cream I would really recommend to all. A must for any/all desserts.

I'd prefer the unadulterated cream too, but the additives are NOT
"noxious pollutants," but harmless except for detracting from flavor,
and, according to a candy-making friend, rendering the cream less good
for making toffees.
I would--and used to--pay more for the pure stuff. I've got an idea
for you. Buy un-homogenized milk and skim the cream off. An
expensive way to get cream? You bet, but it might be worth it to you.

Personally, I think you're just an asshole who makes the issues you
advocate look absurd by your lying and exaggerating.

--Bryan