Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking,rec.food.preserving,misc.consumers,sci.med.nutrition
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Dave Bugg is a total jack-off -- WTF does cream in the local store contain carrageenan, polysorbate, preservatives, and mono/di- glycerides when milk doesn't?!

On Nov 4, 7:23 pm, "Green Xenon [Radium]" >
wrote:
> Dave Bugg is a sicko!
>
> Answer my questions properly!
>
> I asked question! I want answers!
>
> Give me!!!! Now!!!
>
> WTF does cream in the local store contain carrageenan, polysorbate,
> preservatives, and mono/di- glycerides when milk doesn't?!

OK, Green Asshole. I'll tell you why. The carageenan, polysorbate
and mono/di-glycerides stabilize the cream. They keep it from
separating into butter and buttermilk in transit. Think, churning.
Well, maybe the carageenan is there to make whipped cream stiffer
too. None of those are anything weird or unhealthful, though they
might detract slightly from the aesthetics of the cream. I've never
seen cream with "preservatives."

--Bryan