Julie Bove

Default recipe help

"Peter Watson" > wrote in message
> G'day all.... I was diagnosed with T2 last year about June I think,
> pannicked a bit, gave everything up, lost weight, though not enough yet,
> started swimming, riding bikes etc etc. The fact is that I am a gourmet
> food manufacturer in Oz and we do foods for the top end of town..
> condiments, marinades etc etc, and you guesed it, I'm the cook. This has
> lead me down a path that I am keen to explore... the point is that I
> went into a couple of markets and tried some of the diabetic product and
> it was yuk yuk yuk. I'm told that some good commercial products do
> exist, I've yet to see em. I got in contact with the makers of all the
> non sugar sweeteners to get all the info possible and the intention is
> to make a small range... say six at most, of products for the diabetic
> community and me. I was thinking of a marinade, a vinaigrette, a couple
> of saucesm a jam or two and maybe a condiment. I wonder if anyone has
> recipes they have used or hints they may be keen to share. Please accept
> that I am a commercial manufacturer and I will be doing some product, so
> if this offends you... don't reply.

Here in the US, we have such products in most grocery stores. Some are
good, some are terrible. I generally just buy regular foods. I'm not a big
meat eater, so I don't do marinades and I don't eat salad dressing. I do
buy a fruit spread sweetened with Splenda, but I eat just a tiny dab of it
on a peanut butter sandwich occasionally.

I am curious though as to why you might want our recipes if indeed you are a
major manufacturer. Surely the recipes we'd have would be on a small scale.
And I've gathered from the many cooking shows that I've seen that you can
usually double or possibly even triple a recipe. But once you start going
beyond that, you can't simply increase the proportions of things because it
won't come out right.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/