Alan

Default recipe help

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:59:07 +1100, Peter Watson
> wrote:

>G'day all.... I was diagnosed with T2 last year about June I think,
>pannicked a bit, gave everything up, lost weight, though not enough yet,
>started swimming, riding bikes etc etc. The fact is that I am a gourmet
>food manufacturer in Oz and we do foods for the top end of town..
>condiments, marinades etc etc, and you guesed it, I'm the cook. This has
>lead me down a path that I am keen to explore... the point is that I
>went into a couple of markets and tried some of the diabetic product and
>it was yuk yuk yuk. I'm told that some good commercial products do
>exist, I've yet to see em. I got in contact with the makers of all the
>non sugar sweeteners to get all the info possible and the intention is
>to make a small range... say six at most, of products for the diabetic
>community and me. I was thinking of a marinade, a vinaigrette, a couple
>of saucesm a jam or two and maybe a condiment. I wonder if anyone has
>recipes they have used or hints they may be keen to share. Please accept
>that I am a commercial manufacturer and I will be doing some product, so
>if this offends you... don't reply.
>
>Thanks anyway
>
>Peter/Melbourne Australia

I'm not offended, just a wee bit cynical nowadays.

About June you think?

Boyoboy, for most of us, the exact date is engraved in our memory.

Which restaurant?

I'll give the benefit of the doubt here. But if you want to build a
little credibility come over to alt.support.diabetes so we can meet
properly, about T2 rather than sales and recipes.

Then, once we get to know you, we might talk on recipes.

I don't think you'll think mine are gourmet, but I'll expect an enormous
commission if I come across them at Xmas in Melbourne.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.