Peter Watson

Default recipe help

G'day all.... I was diagnosed with T2 last year about June I think,
pannicked a bit, gave everything up, lost weight, though not enough yet,
started swimming, riding bikes etc etc. The fact is that I am a gourmet
food manufacturer in Oz and we do foods for the top end of town..
condiments, marinades etc etc, and you guesed it, I'm the cook. This has
lead me down a path that I am keen to explore... the point is that I
went into a couple of markets and tried some of the diabetic product and
it was yuk yuk yuk. I'm told that some good commercial products do
exist, I've yet to see em. I got in contact with the makers of all the
non sugar sweeteners to get all the info possible and the intention is
to make a small range... say six at most, of products for the diabetic
community and me. I was thinking of a marinade, a vinaigrette, a couple
of saucesm a jam or two and maybe a condiment. I wonder if anyone has
recipes they have used or hints they may be keen to share. Please accept
that I am a commercial manufacturer and I will be doing some product, so
if this offends you... don't reply.

Thanks anyway

Peter/Melbourne Australia