Jennifer

Default Splenda in Sponge cake

Angel food cake may have no fat... but it has lots of carbs.

How 'bout a cake that has good fat (from almonds) and little carbs...
like this one:

MYRA'S CHOCOLATE-WALNUT BROWNIES

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Splenda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cream (or water or coffee)
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 square pan.

In a mixer, cream together the butter and Splenda. Add the eggs, one at a
time, incorporating well. Add the vanilla and cream, blending well. In a
small bowl, mix together the almond flour, xantham gum, salt and baking
soda. Add the almond flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating
with the chocolate. Fold in the nuts. This makes a very stiff batter -
almost dough-like.

Spread the batter in the greased pan, and baking for about 12-13 minutes,
or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cut into 16 1-inch squares.

Makes 16 servings, 3.38 carbs per serving.