Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Jazzing up baked chicken breasts

On Nov 2, 5:32 am, Ken Knecht > wrote:
> Whan I bake skinless chicken breasts, it is usually as they come from the
> package. Not bad, but how can I easily make them a bit more flavorful?
> What's your favorite method? I am not fond of spicy food - chile, etc.

The first thing to do if you want more flavor in chicken breasts is to
stop buying them skinned and off the bone. Cook the whole breast. If
you want not to eat the skin, fine, set it aside, the breast will
still be noticeably more flavorful.

The second thing to do is not to overcook them. If you don't see an
obvious glint of moisture when you slice into them, you've cooked all
the juicy flavor out of them.

Other than that, try out some marinades and sauces, there are hundreds
to choose from. -aem